Siobhan Quinn said her 11-year-old daughter, Kathleen, endured second and third-degree burns on her hands after playing with the homemade slime, a "do it yourself" trend that surged in popularity this year thanks to social media.
The young girl told WCVB, "It felt like really hot and tingly".
According to CBS Philly, doctors said Kathleen's blisters came from "extended exposure" to Borax.
"I've had other mothers say, 'Oh, we've made it a million times". Siobhan took her to Shriners Hospital - where they treated her for second and third-degree burns. While she was at sleep-over, she noticed her hands were in pain. "She was being a little scientist", Quinn told WCVB.
When Quinn picked her up the next day, she was crying in pain.
Gunshots fired at Bellagio hotel after burglary in high-end store
According to U.S. media outlets, unknown persons in pig masks opened fire in the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas . The Bellagio is home to several high-end jewelry and watch stores, including Tiffany and Harry Winston.
"I thought it was great", she said. You use glue and a chemical mixture. Kathleen Quinn, who at one point was making the slime on a daily basis, suffered the injury while staying over at a friend's house, WCVB reported.
Michaels has installed "Slime Headquarters" on aisle endcaps, with displays sporting glue and slime mix-ins like beads and glitter, according to the Associated Press.
It is also one of the main ingredients in multiple recipes for homemade slime or "gak" found online. It's worth noting that other recipes for homemade "slime" call for using corn starch or liquid starch, instead of Boric acid. Her story has prompted a safety warning to parents.
Siobhan said both of her daughters are avid hand washers, which is why she was surprised by the appearance of the blisters.